- Home /
Election notice: AEU Federal Conference Delegates - E2020/73
Nominations are called for:
- *Federal Conference Delegate Representing the General Division (24)
- Yalukit Yulendj (National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Committee) (General Division) (1)
- National Principals Committee Member (1)
- Federal Conference Delegate representing the TAFE Division (2)
- **National TAFE Council Executive Member (1)
- **National TAFE Council Delegate (6)
- Yalukit Yulendj (National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Committee) (1)
New South Wales Teachers Federation Branch
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Federal Conference Delegate (1)
* Twelve of the twenty-four positions are identified for female delegates
** Four of the seven positions are identified for female delegates
(If the number of female candidates is less than the number of female delegates to be elected the remaining position or positions in question will be filled by a male candidate or candidates)
Nominations, which must be in writing and comply with the registered rules of the Organisation, may be made at any time from 20/08/2021.
A nomination form is available for electronic completion on the AEC Portal, www.aec.gov.au/ieb/. However, the nomination form must then be lodged in accordance with the Organisation's rules (see below).
Prospective candidates and nominators should verify their financial status and any other qualifications required by the Organisation's rules prior to lodging nominations.
Nominations must reach the Returning Officer via the lodgement method(s) stipulated below not later than 12:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 03/09/2021.
How to lodge nominations, nominations must be lodged via the following method(s):
By Portal: Australian Electoral Commission Portal, www.aec.gov.au/ieb/
By Email: A properly completed nomination form including all necessary signatures and attachments may be scanned and submitted as a pdf file to IEBnominations@aec.gov.au
- Emails to the AEC inbox that appear to be spam may be blocked. It is the responsibility of senders to ensure that their email reaches the AEC before the deadline for nominations.
- In order to be able to be received by the AEC, emails (including attachments) should be no greater than 6 MB in size.
- You may call 03 9285 7111 to enquire about the status of your nomination.
Nominations cannot be withdrawn after 12:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 10/09/2021.
Candidates may submit a statement to be included with ballot material. Only statements which comply with the Rules and are received by the Returning Officer by 12:00 pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)) on 10/09/2021 can be accepted. Statements shall be restricted to a maximum of 400 words per candidate and may include a passport size photograph.
Material may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidate statements must be provided in MS Word format.
The ballot, if required, will open on 23/09/2021 and close at 10:00am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 28/10/2021.
The appointment of scrutineers closes at 10:00am Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) on 28/10/2021. A scrutineer must be a financial member of the Union but shall not be a candidate in the same ballot nor a candidate in any ballot being currently conducted.
A form is available from the Returning Officer for the purposes of appointing Scrutineers.
Changed Address? Advise the Organisation now.
Please Note: A copy of the AEC's election report can be obtained from the Organisation or from the Returning Officer after the completion of the election.
Telephone: 03 9285 7111
- Media Releases
- Women in Education
- Professional Learning
- Aboriginal Education
- Multicultural Education
- Special Education
- Future Teachers
- Small schools
- Special Interest Groups
- Peace and Environment
- Corrective Services
- Careers Advisers
- The President writes
- Ask Federation