- Home /
- Multicultural Education
Wear ‘Blue for Nauru' on Tuesday 13 November
Federation and school communities members are asked to wear something blue on Tuesday 13 November — #BlueForNauru Day — to help put pressure on the Morrison Government to remove children in detention from Nauru.
Federation Council passed a motion at its November meeting condemning the Morrison Government for refusing to immediately bring refugees and asylum seekers to Australia from Nauru and Manus Island for urgently needed medical attention and other services.
We stand in solidarity with other unions and organisations in endorsing the #KidsOffNauru campaign, supporting the goal for all children to be removed from Nauru and sent to Australia by 20 November, Universal Children’s Day
You can show your support by:
- Hosting a morning tea in your workplace or community, and register your event here
- Wear something blue/paint your nails blue, and share your photos on Twitter and Instagram. Use the hashtags #BlueForNauru and #KidsOffNauru, and don’t forget to tag @TeachersFed
- Email the Prime Minister, voicing your support for #KidsOffNauru
- Contact your local member and encourage others to do the same.
- Sign our letter to Prime Minister Scott Morrison and help get the children off Nauru.
Don’t forget to send your photos to email@example.com.
More details and information can be found at www.kidsoffnauru.com.
The Morrison Government must stop playing politics with these children’s lives and get them and their families off Nauru and to Australia as soon as possible.
— Terry Moriarty
- Future Teachers